Hasn't the weather been awesome lately? Too bad it won't stay like this for long. Because of the perfect weather we've been making sure to spend lots of time outside. I keep dreading what the winter is going to be like with a mobile baby... I'm going to go nuts staying inside! A few weekends ago we went to the splash pad in Spanish Fork with my older brother, my niece, and my sister and her husband. The babies loved playing in the water but only lasted for about 20 minutes because both of them started shaking from being too cold.
After the splash pad we played at the park for a few minutes and Cannon went down a slide all by himself for the first time! It was just a small one, so I thought he was big enough to go down a little bit bigger slide. Turns out I was wrong and he ended up whacking his head on his way down. Whoops! I felt so bad, but he wasn't too hurt. After the park we ate at Bajio and then played some games over at Rhonda and Jo's. We played sequence and Taboo (which I haven't played forever, but I love that game!) We had a fun night and I'm so glad that I actually like, and a lot of the time, prefer to just hang out with my family. Besides, we all get along so well all the time and never argue and we never get too competitive when playing games ;). Despite the few arguments we get in, we still love being with each other.
 |
| Jordan and Ellie. (Here ya go Jo, you said there weren't enough pics of you on here, right?) |
 |
| The sun was just a little bright! |
 |
| What a cutie! |
 |
| Her face here cracks me up! |
 |
| Cannon has never minded when water splashes him directly in the face. In fact, I think he likes it that way |
The other weekday the weather was just too perfectly perfect so we decided to go on a little walk to Bridal Veil Falls. The walk was fun and Cannon mostly rode on Marc's shoulders the whole time. We saw some dogs and he got overly excited and he loved seeing the fish in the pond. The water was extremely cold so we didn't do much walking in it, but we still loved to see the beautiful waterfall (that I forgot to take a picture of).
While Cannon was just walking around enjoying himself, he hesitated stepping off a very, very small ledge. He looked at it for awhile and then went for it. Sadly, he toppled into the rocks head first and smacked his nose on the rocks. It honestly didn't seem like that hard of a fall, but he scratched up his nose all over and got his first bloody nose. It was sad to see! We didn't have any tissues or napkins with us so Marc would wipe his nose and then wash it off in the water. He also found the wrapper from a straw in his pocket and attempted to use that. Didn't work so well. Luckily Cannon is a brave little guy and he had a super sad cry for a minute, but then was fine after a few minutes. I hate seeing my little guy get hurt! (Which just reminded me of a funny story that happened today)
Marc was getting ready to leave for work and and we were just talking to each other and Cannon was right by us. Cannon likes to put his Raffe over his face (a blanket/giraffe) and he put it over his head and then ran straight into the wall. It was a pretty hard bonk, but it seriously was pretty hilarious. Cannon whined for a second and then laughed a little with us. No joking, he did it again soon after and then ran right into his highchair. I swear he never learns! haha
 |
| Cannon and I jumped on the band wagon and I made some "finger paint" for him for the bathtub. He didn't quite get what to do, but he loved just putting his hands in the colors and eating it. Gross! |
 |
| What a cutie. Love him |
 |
| This is Cannon's first actual "funny face" picture. I told him to do a silly face and this is what he did. Atta boy! |
I love that little guy! His personality just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Thanks for posting the pictures of the splash pad. I stole them so I could have them myself and I am cracking up at Ellie's face in that one:) Thanks for hanging out. It sure was fun.
ReplyDelete