Thursday, October 4, 2012

3 Sleeping...

     Today I am watching 3 adorable children. I'm watching my favorite little baby of all time (that would be Cannon :) ), a friendly and fun two year old, who I watch weekly named Colton, and my adorable 10 month old niece, Eleanor. You might ask, am I a bad mother and babysitter if I'm watching 3 children and I'm on the computer? The answer is no because miraculously all three children are sleeping at the same time. Boy, I sure love watching kiddos and playing, but nap time is a marvelous time! Especially when 3 kids with usually different naps schedules decide to nap at the same time. What to do with myself???
     I don't usually watch both Colton and Ellie on the same day, but Marc and I are going out of town this weekend to St George, so I'm watching Colton today instead of on Fridays like usual. We're going to St George because Marc's sister had a baby Monday morning! Mr. Blake Adam was born almost one month early and he's Cannon's first boy cousin! We're SO extremely happy for Heidi and the rest of her family. I've been thinking about her so much the past couple of days and remembering what it was like to bring home a newborn. (She already has two daughters, so she's basically a pro at it). But I was just thinking about how new and unfamiliar it felt to bring home a newborn that I was terrified to take care of on my own. I also felt strange because I felt like everyone was just going about their normal business while I was at home in a whole other world learning how to become a mother. Those first few weeks and even months adjusting to being a mom and taking care of a newborn completely changed my world! I think it took me about 3 months until I had pretty much adjusted to the new lifestyle and felt more confident in my mothering abilities. I had been a nanny for 3 years when I had Cannon and so I thought to myself that taking care of 1 child instead of the four I was used to was going to be a piece of cake. Wrong! Haha, I didn't realize the depth and strength of how much love and worry and concern I was going to have for Cannon which made having a newborn unfamiliar territory. There are absolutely things that I miss about Cannon when he was a newborn and younger, but I love the stage that he is at now and I want him to stay 1 forever! He is just so much fun and still so innocent and adorable and small and sweet. Marc and I were checking on him last night before we went to sleep and I felt like I was looking at a toddler sleeping instead of a baby. I love all of the new and funny things he is learning daily, but it just reminds me that my first baby is getting older. Stay little Cannon! Please! :).
     My favorite thing that Cannon does is his awesome dancing. Anytime there is any kind of beat or tune or music that he can hear he starts to jig. He crouches down super low and bounces up and down while nodding his head at the same time. When Marc plays his electric guitar Cannon literally rocks out and vigorously nods his head up and down. Don't worry though, those are not his only moves. He also tries to clap his hands to the beat, spins around in a circle, and puts his hands in the air. And Cannon loves dancing with me to my ultimate favorite singer, the one and only Michael Jackson. We have SO much fun dancing around together. (I can only imagine that the older he gets the better his sweet moves are going to get!) La-uvvvvvv my baby!
     Hopefully the weather is super warm in St george. We are excited to have a little mini vacay. Last weekend we had our first fire of the whole year! We went up American Fork canyon and roasted hotdogs with Marc's parents and his Cousin Mike and his wife Jill who we love. We played games together afterwards and talked about Halloween costume ideas. Marc and I already went shopping for our costumes and have about 1/2 of ours done. Can't wait for it to come all together. We love Halloween!
    Well that's it for now. I have fun pics I want to post, but they're from my phone and the cord is in my room where Ellie is sleeping... Have a fabulous October!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you got three babies down at once... miracles obviously do happen! Or else you're just a miracle worker. I hope you guys have so much fun in St. George!

    ReplyDelete